Saturday, July 23, 2011

Parco Cento Laghi True to Form

The weather forecast indicated that it would be a nice day, but as usual I managed to find some bad weather  on the Apennines in the province of Parma. The 100 lakes park for me is the most spectacular part of the  Tosco-Emilian Apennines, but its proximity to the coast means that the high ridge is often covered with cloud.
Looking down to I Lagoni from under Monte Pumacciolo
Looking down to I Lagoni from under Monte Pumacciolo
I started my walk from I Lagoni  crossing over Rocca Pumacciolo meeting the “Crinale” at Mount Pattino. On the footpath between Rocca Pumacciolo on some stretches its best not to look down. Here the weather started slowly to turn bad.
 Monte Pumacciolo

Looking east from Rocca Pumacciolo
Monte Scala
Monte Scala
Monte Scala

Monte Sillara

Rocca Pumacciolo

Mount Paitino

 Rocca Pumacciolo

Under Monte Piatino

I then went onto Lake Sillara and Lake Compione.

Lake Sillara
From Mount Sillara

To return I followed the crest before descending down to Lake Bicchiere , the weather had now become really  foul. By the time I reached the Capanna di Bagigiana I was out of the clouds and back into sunshine.    
Monte Scala

Monte Scala

Monte Scala
 Bad weather often leads to some interesting photographs, which made up for getting rather wet walking through the hot and very humid clouds for the last part of my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment