Tuesday, July 31, 2012

To Madman Mountain


It was the last chance that I will have to dedicate a whole day to the mountains for a while.

 I decided to go to one of my favourite places in the Apennines:  the Cento Laghi Park  in the province of Parma.

Rocca Pumacciolo, PR

Rocca Pumacciolo, PR

I Lagoni, PR

I Lagoni, PR

Monte Orsaro, PR

Monte Sillara from Rocca Pumacciolo, PR
The route I decided to take started at the Lagoni Refuge  and then continued on to the Sella di Rocca Pumacciolo. At the Sella the 711 footpath emerges from the woods to give a fantastic view of the 2 lakes that form the Lagoni.

The footpath the follows the ridge between the Sella and Monte Paitino. The path has some superb views across the Park, even though it’s a bit exposed in some places.

Below Monte Paitino, looking towards Monte Matto, PR

Below Monte Paitino, looking towards Monte Matto, PR

Monte Scala, Pr
 I then visited Monte Sillara and the lakes below. This is one of my favourite places in the Appennines.
Monte Paitino, PR

Lago Sillara, Pr

Lago Sillara, Pr

Il Crinale from Monte Sillara
 A 180 degree turn and on to Monte Matto ( Madman)along the 00 Crinale path. This is quite good fun with sheer drops down into Tuscany.
Monte Sillara, PR

Along the Crinale between Monte Paitino and Monte Matto, PR

Along the Crinale between Monte Paitino and Monte Matto, PR

Along the Crinale between Monte Paitino and Monte Matto, PR

Along the Crinale between Monte Paitino and Monte Matto, PR
Now it was time do descend down to the car. I took the path that passes the small Lake Bicchiere, Passo Fugicchia and Lake Scuro.  I stopped for a while at Lago Scuro to admire the landscape. Then back into the woods for the last stretch to Rifugio Lagoni.
Lago Bicchiere, PR

Lago Bicchiere, PR
Monte Scala, PR
Monte Scala, PR

Lago Scuro, Pr
Above I Lagoni, Pr
Glacier action, Lagoni, PR

Glacier action, Lagoni, PR
It was a hot misty July day so the photographs were not the best I have taken in this area.  Sometimes the more usual bad weather one finds here makes for more interesting photographs. (Cento laghi true to form).


No comments:

Post a Comment