Friday, March 8, 2013

A Long Winter


What a horrible winter we have had here in Reggio Emilia this year.  It always seems to be snowing or raining when I have some free time.
Lago Pranda, Cerreto, RE
 I have managed to get out  into the mountains just a couple of times in the last two months.

I went to Lago Pranda near the Cerreto pass . Lots of snow but not a very inspiring walk, this lake is far more interesting in Autumn or Spring. On the way back I stopped at Cerreto Alpi an isolated mountain village.

Cerreto Alpi, RE


Cerreto Alpi, RE
Cerreto Alpi, RE

Cerreto Alpi, RE
 Last Sunday I decided to climb up to Lago Verde in the Parco Cento Laghi area.  There was a metre of hard compact snow so walking was quite easy.  The sense of peace in this place is always present.  It  was a bit late to take any interesting photographs , as the sun had already dropped behind the mountains.  But I had an enjoyable walk all the same.
Lago Verde , PR

Lago Verde , PR

Monte Acuto, Collagna, RE
Alpe di Succiso, Collagna, RE

Mont Acuto after sunset, Collagna, RE
In my lunch break I have been a couple of times into the foothills above Quattro Castella. The calanchi covered in snow are always interesting to photograph. 

Out of our Kitchen window, Reggio Emilia
Quattro castella, RE
Quattro castella, RE
Quattro castella, RE


Quattro castella, RE

Quattro castella, RE
Quattro castella, RE


Quattro castella, RE
 I am still trying to come to terms with the new 4/3 camera system I bought in January. I am now beginning to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Olympus  E M5. 

Grassano., RE

Bianello, Quattro Castella, RE

Bianello, Quattro Castella, RE

Bianello, Quattro Castella, RE

Canossa, RE
 I was able to confirm that the reduced weight  (without loss of image quality) is a big advantage  when  walking in the mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment